Leticia Cabernet Cabernet
From Finca Mangato vines in El Paral, Tupungato at 1,200 metres above sea level, planted on shallow sandy-loam soils, this delicious blend bears testament to Estela’s eye for detail and insistence on absolute precision. A blend of 70% Cabernet Franc with 30% Cabernet Sauvignon. Intriguingly, 70% of the Cab Sauv parcel is co-fermented with the Cab Franc, and the remaining 30% of Cab Sauv is aged for 9 months in second use French oak. Still with us? There is a very strong sense here that nothing is left to chance and the results are fabulous. The nose screams neither varietal on its own but, rather, offers up an holistic approach to blending as can be seen in Estela’s other wines. The effect is harmonious throughout from notes of hibiscus flowers and spice on the nose through to plump cassis and juicy redcurrant in the mouth. A superbly crafted blend representing fantastic value for money. Leticia, meaning Joy in Latin, is the name of one of Estela Perinetti’s daughters; a fitting tribute to a wine so close to the winemaker’s heart.