The Specialist Importers Trade Tasting is the event where independents from the on and off trade have been doing business with companies like yours since 2005.
Fourteen years after it's creation, SITT remains faithful to its original commitment whilst taking into account all the recent changes in the wine business. The mission has always been to provide the perfect selling platform for real specialist importers.
Exhibitors, as well as visitors, are carefully selected to ensure quality on both sides of the table. This is our number one priority.
Criteria to Exhibit
Are you a specialist wine importer, producer or specialist agency dedicated to the independent sector?
We want to hear from you.
In order to exhibit at SITT you must:
- Ensure your wines are exclusively available to independent retailers and on-trade buyers
- Be able to submit your wines in advance for approval by the in-house wine team at SITT. This is to ensure independent merchants and on trade buyers can be confident your wines are produced and imported exclusively for them
- Be able to attend the two locations for each tasting (Manchester and London for SITT Spring 2019)
Get in contact if you are:
- A specialist importer or specialist wine agency showing wines exclusively for the independent sector e.g. organic, prosecco, fortified, country specific
- A small producer with a UK importer, showcasing portfolios that are exclusive to the independent sector
- A larger importer representing one or more small producers (must show by their lead producer name)
- A producer represented by Harpers 'Best Practise' supporters, showcasing commitment to the independent sector by signing to the 'Best Practise' guidelines.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to those wines that are not exclusive to the independent retailer and on trade.
Why Spring and Autumn
- You will see that we have brought SITT Autumn to an earlier date in September in 2019. We wantedto give you the first opportunity after the Summer holidays to engage back with key visitors, and to influence any last minute Christmas buying decisions they still need to make. SITT Spring has always taken place in February and has always been successful in attracting buyers looking for the New Year’s launches and trends.
- Independents are always looking to update their lists with new and exciting wines, and often buy at regular intervals rather than at one time of year: hence offering two specific buying opportunities during the year.
- New trends require flexibility and we need to give visitors two opportunities to see what you have that’s new to the market for each season
- In addition, the New and Old World release their wines at different times of the year and SITT is a great opportunity for you to bring your producers to the market to meet their customers
What we're doing to make a bigger impact on the visitors you want to see
Developing the web site with a new design team to make it clearer for visitors to see why they should visit and to make the exhibitor zone more friendly and useable for you.
Growing the reach:
- Agile Media owns Drinks Retailing News (DRN), Harpers, Drinks International and CLASS magazine. There is a communication plan in place to incorporate promotion inside all these titles.
- Agile also owns three competitions relevant to the SITT Audience: The UK’s 50 Best Indies, The Top 50 Drinks Wholesalers and The Drinks Retailing Awards.
- The above, of course, feeds the database with relevant contacts, and the new team is also working hard on growing the database and making more direct connections with the visitors you want to see.
- Reinvigorating the Social Media Campaign for a wider reach to an extended audience. We will ask for images and texts from you so we can feature you as soon as you sign up.
SITT Preview: You will be featured in the SITT Preview: A glossy magazine totally dedicated to what’s going on at SITT and distributed inside all Harpers and DRN magazines• Revitalising features and engagement of a high profile on-trade ambassador. There will be masterclasses highly targeted to the desired audience – more details will be circulated once confirmed
To ensure the best visitors come to the events we are growing the awards that we present at SITT:
- SITT Manchester: The top 50 places to buy and drink wine in the North West.
- SITT Autumn London: The UK’s 50 Best Indies awards.
What it costs
|SIZE OF TABLE AND NUMBER OF WINES||USUAL PRICE FOR SITT SPRING OR SITT AUTUMN ex VAT||DISCOUNTED PRICE IF YOU SIGN UP TO BOTH SITT SPRING AND SITT AUTUMN ex VAT|
|4ft table (10 wines)||£1,246.00||£2,242.80|
|6ft table (15 wines)||£1,524.00||£2,743.20|
|10ft table (25 wines)||£2,297.00||£4,134.60|
|12ft table (30 wines)||£2,585.00||£4,653.00|
SITT Spring and SITT Autumn are both 2 day tastings in 2 locations. The prices above include the 2 days per event, ie one day in Manchester and one day in London.
Also included in the price is entry in tasting brochure, promotion in Harper's SITT Preview, on-line promotion on the SITT website, social media promotion and in SITT newsletters, your table, table cloth, glasses, ice, spittoons, on-the-day support from Wine Sorted.
To chat about exhibiting please phone Judy Kendrick at JK Marketing